Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Psalm 131


Psalm 131:1bcde, 2,3

#151A Solemnities A Context (31st Sunday in Ordinary Time A)

#485 Weekday Year II Context (Monday of the 31st Week in Ordinary Time)

#486 Weekday Year I Context (Tuesday of the 31st Week in Ordinary Time)

#517A Proper of Saints Context (St. Marianne Cope, Virgin, Jan 23) *

#582 Proper of Saints Context (St. Romuald, Jun 19)

#623A Proper of Saints Context (St. Jane Frances De Chantal, Aug 12)

#624 Proper of Saints Context (St. John Eudes, Aug 19)

#632 Proper of Saint Context (St. Monica Aug 27)

#649 Proper of Saints** Context (St. Thèrése of the Child Jesus, Oct 1)

#669 Proper of Saints Context (St. Martin de Porres, Nov 3)

#689A Proper of Saint Context (St. Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin, Dec 9)

#691> 623A Proper of Saints Context (St. Jane Frances De Chantal, Dec 12 moved to Aug 12 in US)

#739 Commons Context (Common of Holy Men and Women, 9.)

#40O-3 BVM Context (The Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Divine Providence, Ordinary Time)
R. (See Psalm 57:2c) In you my soul takes refuge, O Lord

R. In you, Lord, I have found my peace.

O LORD, my heart is not proud,
nor are my eyes haughty;
I busy not myself with great things,
nor with things too sublime for me.
R. In you, Lord, I have found my peace.

Nay rather, I have stilled and quieted
my soul like a weaned child.
Like a weaned child on its mother's lap,
so is my soul within me.
R. In you, Lord, I have found my peace.

O Israel, hope in the LORD,
both now and forever.
R. In you, Lord, I have found my peace.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 131:1bcde, 2,3

* Transferred from Jan 22nd, Author's selection.

Psalm 131 is an individual lament praying for harmony and humility among the members of the community. The singer proclaims trust in the Lord and peace, like children's contented peace, secure in the knowledge of the love and protection of their parents.

CCC: Ps 131:2 239; Ps 131:2-3 370
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin 2








No comments:

Post a Comment