Psalm 141:1-2, 3 and 8
#346 Weekday Year II Context (Saturday of the 7th Week in Ordinary Time)
R. (2a) Let my prayer come like incense before you.
O Lord, to you I call; hasten to me;
hearken to my voice when I call upon you.
Let my prayer come like incense before you;
the lifting up of my hands, like the evening sacrifice.
R. Let my prayer come like incense before you.
O Lord, set a watch before my mouth,
a guard at the door of my lips.
For toward you, O God, my Lord, my eyes are turned;
in you I take refuge; strip me not of life.
R. Let my prayer come like incense before you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 141:1-2, 3 and 8
Psalm 141 is an individual lament. This part of the hymn supports the power of prayer, and the need for God’s grace provided in answer to these pleas. The faith of the just will not be rejected, and the salvation of God will be given to those who ask. See also the remarks on Psalm 142 below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin
No comments:
Post a Comment