Psalm 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
#154A Solemnities A Context (32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time A)-
R. (2b) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
I will remember you upon my couch,
and through the night-watches I will meditate on you:
You are my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
Psalm 63 is an individual lament. In this selection we see the emotion of one who longs to be reunited with God, and from whom separation is like being cast into a desert without water. The singer concludes with a pledge to faithfully remember God’s saving help, rejoicing in the salvation that comes only from him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 63:2, 3-4, 5-6
#352 Weekday Year II Context (Saturday of the 8th Week in Ordinary Time)
R. (2b) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 63:2, 3-4, 5-6
Psalm 63 is an individual lament. In this selection we see the emotion of one who longs to be reunited with God, from whom separation is like being cast into a desert without water. The singer professes faith in God’s salvation, and expresses faith that the prayers offered will be answered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 63: 2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9
#96C Solemnities C Context (12th Sunday in Ordinary Time C)
#124A Solemnities A Context (22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time A)
#603 Proper of Saints Context (St. Mary Magdalene, Jul 22)
#762 Ritual Mass Context (I. For the Conferral of Christian Initiation, 3. Reception of Baptized Christians into the Full Communion of the Catholic Church, 4.)
#813 Ritual Mass Context (VIII. For the Consecration of Virgins and Religious Profession, 8.)
#1013 Masses for the Dead Context (5.)
R. (2) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
You are my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.
My soul clings fast to you;
your right hand upholds me.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9
Psalm 63 is an individual lament. In this selection we see the emotion of one who longs to be reunited with God, separation from whom is like being cast into a desert without water. The singer professes faith in God’s salvation, and expresses faith that the prayers offered will be answered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 63: 2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9a
#753 Ritual Mass (I. For the Conferral of Christian Initiation, 1. Catechumenate and Christian Initiation of Adults, Christian Initiation Apart from the Easter Vigil, 8.)
R. (2) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
You are my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.
My soul clings fast to you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9a
Psalm 63 is an individual lament. In this selection we see the emotion of one who longs to be reunited with God from whom separation is like being cast into a desert without water. The singer professes faith in God’s salvation and expresses faith that the prayers offered will be answered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 63:2-3, 4-6, 7-9
#793 Ritual Mass (V. For the Pastoral Care of the Sick and the Dying, 1. Anointing of the Sick, 7.)
R. (2b) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
I will remember you upon my couch,
and through the night-watches I will meditate on you:
That you are my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 63:2-3, 4-6, 7-9
Psalm 63 is an individual lament. In this selection we see the emotion of one who longs to be reunited with God from whom separation is like being cast into a desert without water. The singer professes faith in God’s salvation and expresses faith that the prayers offered will be answered. As an infant clings to its mother, so the faithful cling to God in their weakness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fin
No comments:
Post a Comment