Friday, October 18, 2013

Psalm 77


Psalm 77:12-13, 14-15, 16 and 21

#411 Weekday Year I Context (Friday of the 18th Week in Ordinary Time)

R. (12a) I remember the deeds of the Lord.

I remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I remember your wonders of old.
And I meditate on your works;
your exploits I ponder.
R. I remember the deeds of the Lord.

O God, your way is holy;
what great god is there like our God?
You are the God who works wonders;
among the peoples you have made known your power.
R. I remember the deeds of the Lord.

With your strong arm you redeemed your people,
the sons of Jacob and Joseph.
You led your people like a flock
under the care of Moses and Aaron.
R. I remember the deeds of the Lord.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commentary on Ps 77:12-13, 14-15, 16 and 21

Psalm 77 is a communal lament. The first section of the psalm pleads for God not to abandon the people as they are in dire straits. The strophes used here reflect the psalmist's promise, that the people will remember the great saving works of the Lord (as required by Moses’ instruction in Deuteronomy).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment